Some of the features of SportPaint are:
- Our manufacturing facility is located in Louisville, Kentucky, with approximately 84,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing space.
- 8 production downdraft spray-booths/ovens, with an additional 3 bake ovens.
- High volume, overhead conveyor, automated paint system with a 5 stage power-wash system for A-class finishes.
- Full service custom automotive painter with a broad range of expertise in basic applications to more complex two-tone applications for both plastics and metal.
- Engineering and Product Development
- Quality Control Lab capable of Paint Performance Testing and Tracking.
- Complete quality system, compliant with automotive requirements, including APQP, PPAP, Process Control Plans and FMEAs.
- Continuous improvement, utilizing quality performance charting and the latest statistical techniques.
Some of our secondary operations include:
- Pinstripe/decal application
- Custom sub-assembly
- Plastic glue assembly
- Paint performance testing
- Paint tooling design
- Final packaging and design
- E-Coated Metal
- Powder Coated Metal
- Carbon-Fiber Composite
"With a focus on continuous improvement, SportPaint will meet the needs of our customers by providing products that conform to requirements, are competitively priced and delivered on time."
Lab Equipment / Test Capabilities:
- Macbeth Spectralight Color Room for visual color comparison
- X-Rite MA68 II Multi-angle Spectrophotometer for color measurement
- X-Rite SP62 Spectrophotometer for color measurement
- Tooke Paint Inspection Gage IV for film thickness measurement
- BYK-Gardner 20/60/85° Tri-Gloss meter
- Nikon Microscope for film thickness measurement
- #2 & #4 EZ Zahn and #3 Ford Mini Dip cups for paint viscosity measurement
- DataPaq EasyTracker for oven and part bake temperature measurement
- Singlton 100% RH Fog Chamber for humidity testing
- Cross-hatch and tape pull using Nichiban and 3M tapes for adhesion testing
- Gasoline, solvent and water resistance testing